Textbook Rental FAQ
Online Textbooks FAQ
You may find detailed instructions for enabling pop-ups here.
|Ground Shipping (5-7 days)|
|$7.00 + $0.50 for each item|
|2nd Day Air|
|$21.00 + $1.00 for each item|
Incoming Student FAQ
- to provide students cash for books they no longer need; and,
- to provide a supply of used books for students to buy at substantial savings.
The buyback price is determined by a variety of factors. For buyback pricing, textbooks fall into one of three categories. During the course of a semester or buyback period, a title may move from one category to another based on demand. The categories are as follows:
- ½ Price Books
If a faculty member has notified the University Book Store that a book will be used on campus next semester, in most cases we will pay ½ of the current new book price, even if you bought the book used or the new book price was lower at the time of your purchase. When we have met our anticipated needs for that title for the upcoming semester, we will purchase that title for the used book wholesalers.
- Books not ordered for the upcoming semester
Used book wholesalers determine the prices they will pay for certain books. The University Book Store technically acts as the wholesaler's agent and buys the book for the company from the student, and thus we must use their prices. Nationwide demand, current wholesaler supply and anticipated revision dates are some of the factors that the wholesale companies use in determining the prices they offer.
- Books that we are not buying back
There are four reasons why a book may not have any buyback value:
- A new edition has been published
- There is little or no nationwide demand
- There is excess wholesale supply
- The book is in poor (non-salable) condition